Wednesday, August 24, 2011

College Guy=Gormet Chef?

This will be post 1 of 2 for tonight.

So the past 2 days after I have gotten home from class, I have decided to cook.  Not only does this save money, but it allows me to be creative.  Very creative indeed.  Now, mind you, it may not be best to be creative with food that your gonna eat approx 20 mins later, but since I was the only one eating these meals, I figured what the heck. Nobody else will know if it tastes bad.

Here are 2 of my latest creations....



Lets start with #1.  This dish is composed of 2 fried eggs and one over medium egg, all cooked individually in a mini-skillet that my wonderful Aunt Cheryl sent with me to Auburn.  These 3 eggs were cooked and then placed on a pool of hot sauce on the plate. Next they were topped with a little bit of smoked turkey and sprinkled with some parmesan cheese.  To finish it off, I added 4 fried jalapenos, 2 whole jalapenos, and a bit of salsa.  If you ask me I would say these are what you call gormet eggs.

Now on to #2.  This dish is a little more simple.  First defrost 2 salmon filets and heat up the George Foreman grill.  While the grill was heating up I halved 6 jalapeno peppers and 4 bananna peppers. When the grill was nice and hot,  I placed the banana peppers down then put the filets on top of that.  Now for seasoning.  Just a little big of regular salt, and a bit of Lowery's Seasoned Salt works just fine.  To top all of this off I put the halved jalapeno peppers on top of the filets and closed the grill.  This dish tasted pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment